Virtual Learning at Berwick Academy
At Berwick Academy, we call homework virtual learning. Virtual learning will help students to consolidate and extend the knowledge that they develop in lessons, and teachers will regularly set virtual learning to be completed independently.
We know that regular consolidation and retrieval of knowledge is a crucial part of learning, and using virtual learning will allow us to take advantage of tools and strategies which support the development and retention of knowledge.
At times, there may be a need for teachers to set other kinds of home learning, depending upon the requirements of specific subjects; however, virtual learning is our primary approach to work that students complete at home.
Show My Homework is an online platform that we use for setting virtual learning. Show My Homework is a useful tool to help students and parents keep track of virtual learning. It allows parents to see the details of all tasks their child has been set, as well as the deadlines, the students’ submission status and, where relevant, information about marks and grades.
Logging in to Show My Homework
To log in, please go to www.showmyhomework.co.uk
• Students log in to Show My Homework using the ‘Sign in with Office 365’ button, which sits beneath the main set of login boxes on the login page.
• They should log in using their full school email and network password.
• If students need help to log in, or if they have any issues with their password, they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Log in using the email address that you wish to use as your Show My Homework contact email.
• Use the parent login code sent home by the school with your child.
• If you need further help to log in, you should contact email@example.com
Other Virtual Learning Platforms
We also use a limited number of other carefully-selected virtual learning platforms which research has shown to have a powerful impact on student learning. Instructions for all home learning will be published through Show My Homework, but students may then be directed to another platform to complete their virtual learning, such as Hegarty Maths for Mathematics and Seneca Learning for Science.
Students are provided with passwords for these platforms, where relevant, by their subject teachers. If students need help to log in, or if they have any issues with their password for any platform, they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to their class teacher.
Logging in to Hegarty Maths
Heggarty Maths is an online Maths platform which gives students interactive Maths learning tailored to their needs.
To log on to Heggarty Maths:
• Visit https://hegartymaths.com/login/learner
• Search for your school
• Enter your first name, surname, date of birth and password
If students have forgotten their password, they can ask their teacher for a reset through the website.