This page contains information about our normal virtual learning programme. For information about our full remote learning programme during lockdown, please visit Remote Learning Programme
At Berwick Academy, we call homework virtual learning. Virtual learning will help students to consolidate and extend the knowledge that they develop in lessons, and teachers will regularly set virtual learning to be completed independently. At times, teachers may set other kinds of home learning, depending upon subject requirements, but virtual learning is our primary approach to the work that students complete at home. Click here to watch the video explaining more about our approaches to learning, including virtual learning.
Show My Homework is an online platform that we use to help students and parents keep track of virtual learning. It allows parents to see all tasks and deadlines set for their child, whether or not work has been submitted and, where relevant, information about marks and grades.
Logging in to Show My Homework
To log in, go to http://www.showmyhomework.co.uk
• Students log in to Show My Homework through the ‘Sign in with Office 365’ button using their full school email and network password.
• If students need help to log in, or if they have any issues with their password, they should contact email@example.com
• Log in using the email address of your choice.
• Use the parent login code sent home by the school with your child.
• If you need further help to log in, or require a new parent login code, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft Teams Classes is our second key virtual learning platform. Within Microsoft Teams, you child is assigned to a ‘class’ for every subject; this is accessed through their Office 365 login. Teachers use Microsoft Teams Classes for a range of assignments, in particular for extended writing and providing detailed feedback, where appropriate. Please contact email@example.com if your child requires any support in accessing Microsoft Teams Classes.
Other Virtual Learning Platforms
We also use a limited number of other carefully-selected virtual learning platforms which research has shown to have a powerful impact on student learning. Instructions for all home learning will be published through Show My Homework, but students may then be directed to another platform to complete their virtual learning, such as Hegarty Maths for Mathematics and Seneca Learning for Science. Students are provided with passwords for these platforms, where relevant, by their subject teachers. If students need help to log in, or if they have any issues with their password for any platform, they
should speak to their class teacher or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Logging in to Hegarty Maths
Hegarty Maths is an online Maths platform that gives students interactive Maths learning tailored to their needs.
To log on to Hegarty Maths:
• Search for your school
• Enter your first name, surname, date of birth and password. If students have forgotten their password, they can ask their teacher for a reset through the website.