Extreme weather guidance
If we need to close school before the start of the school day due to severe weather
We will inform you in the following ways:
- A message will be posted on the school's website by 7.30am.
- A message will be posted on the school's social media accounts by 7.30am.
- A School Comms message will be sent to the main contact (parent/carer) as close to 7.30am as possible.
- We will inform BBC Radio Newcastle (95.4FM) and Radio Borderes (102.3FM) to include in their school closure broadcasts.
- We will inform the Local Authority, who will update on their website.
Please ensure that you always keep the school up to date with your mobile number and email address so that communications come to you appropriately.
The school telephone line, 01289 305083, should be open from 8.30am if staff are able to access the school site.
If we need to close school during the school day due to severe weather
If the weather forces us to close during the school day, we will inform you in the following ways:
- A message will be posted on our website.
- A message will be posted on our social media accounts.
- A School Comms message will be sent to the main contact (parent/carer) as quickly as possible.
- Buses: normally, the school buses will arrive early to ensure that students who catch the bus are able to get home. This is at the bus company's discretion, but we will keep parents/carers up to date with this.
We will stay open for as long as we possible can, although normal lessons will be disrupted.
We will provide a safe place for students to wait, and everything will be done to ensure children's safety and wellbeing.
Following a period of closure
If you do not receive information from school to state that we are closed, please assume that school will be open as usual.